Friday, December 21, 2007

Leaving Gem Testing Laboratory, Jaipur - 25th dec 07

Hello friends and well wishers..There is something I wanted to convey...

Coming 25th of Dec is going to be my last day that I shall be officially be a part of the Gem Testing Laboratory, Jaipur. I have already submitted my resignation letter and make another beginning with the new year.

I have been associated with GTL, Jaipur for three years now (1 year as a student and 2 years of my job here). It has been a very tricky decision and am still like...I am still in mixed emotions. GTL has played an important part in bringing me international fame and has become very much a part of my identity.

For my well wishers...regarding my future...this is what I have planned...

A months break in Chennai during which I shall try to visit and work on gemstone deposits in South India and Orissa particularly. After which I shall spend three months in Bangkok to extensively understand the market, trends, treatments and all that I can study about gemstones and jewellery. This I believe would play an important part in shaping my career and understanding the subject much better practically. "From the current options I have, the one I have taken is the best so far...However, I have always kept all my options open and decisions can be changed even now" (in case I find something more interesting)

Though Christmas would be my last day at GTL, my affair with it shall continue for all the years to come by. 24th would be the last working day at GTL and I shall represent GTL for the last time on the 25th of Dec at the Jaipur Jewellery Show 2007.

Right now this is all that I can say....however, I shall soon come up with another blog posting detailing my gemological career so far....from how I got into this field inspite of my father being in a completely different business...to what I have achieved so far. Look forward to my journey as a gemologist so far. I have tried my best not to be emotional here....still there remains a lot unexpressed.


I am in Jaipur till the 28th of Dec 2007 before leaving to Chennai via Bhandakji.

P.S. Due to some reasons, all the contacts stored in my communicator has been deleted....that was my only source of all mobile and phone numbers for me. All readers this is applicable to...please email me your contact details on chaman_golecha@yahoo.com or send a scrap (or message for privacy) in Orkut.

Regards
Chaman Golecha

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Chaman sir,
It's sad to hear that GTL is losing one of its brilliant teachers.I was lucky enough to be ur student a year ago and we students could literally feel ur love for the subject. I wish u success in all ur future ventures, gemmology quests and jaunts.
Happy New Year

Warm regards
Priya Mohan

Golecha said...

hey...thnx priya for the very kind words....as u said...i really love the subject and shal try my best to alwaz be attached with the same....!!! shal keep you updated via this blog...!!!! hapy new year to you to....!!!!

Regards
Chaman Golecha

Unknown said...

Thanks... for the sharing about jaipur gem testing laboratory GTL. You also wrote a nice note for Bhangarh, quite a good place. Nice blog to see about it. Organized contents.... will visit soon to check back your information. Jaipur Gemstones is also supplier of jewelry items.